Friday, June 14, 2013

Annoy Your Facebook Friends, Get Facebook Blocked - a How-To Guide

Candy Crush Saga is a time-eating addictive ploy to get my money and piss off my friends.

A) I spent way too much time playing it.
B) Every cool "Booster" costs Facebook Points or Friends, and sometimes both.
C) Although the first two episodes are free, it's a lot like a drug pusher who gives the first few hits to get you hooked - every episode thereafter requires the player to invite three other Facebook friends to help the player to "get on the train", or to unlock the next episode. Or, alternatively, the Player can buy Facebook Points.
D) Candy Crush Saga posts to your Facebook wall incessantly, unless you restrict its access, and even then, you can't be sure.
E) Your friends will hate your incessant Life Requests, Ticket Requests, and Invitations.

So, is this all stuff I didn't know?  Of course not! But did I play, did I get hooked? Yeah, I did.

Did you know all this stuff about Candy Crush Saga?  Perhaps, and you might still get hooked too.

Sounds like there should be a CCSA 12-step meeting we should be attending.

The sheer genius of the game impresses me - because IT WORKS. I bugged my friends, I even almost bought Facebook Credits, and I even looked for Cheats.

What other Facebook game does this remind me of?  Oh yeah, Farmville.  Which was never THAT addictive, never as addictive as the Candy Crush Saga game. But it also incessantly posted to Facebook about game progress and would bug your Friends for help in the game.

Bejeweled Blitz and Zuma Blitz, while addictive, weren't nearly as intrusive on your Friend's Facebook as Candy Crush Saga.

Candy Crush Saga is directly responsible for the dishes in the sink, the rank cat box and dandelions in the yard. It is why I'm not on my bicycle keeping fit, it is why Sarah Palin is evil, and why Fox News still sucks. I simply can't change the world while playing Candy Crush Saga.

I have decided to give up Candy Crush Saga, and so far, I am officially On-The-Wagon (3 days!). And yet, I find myself blogging about Candy Crush Saga. Am I a goner, after all?

I still get requests from others who play, though.Perhaps an Intervention is imminent? No, wait, I need my 30 Day chip first.  At least.




No comments:

Post a Comment